This is the original Bacardi Rum Cake recipe. Beware this cake is loaded with rum, but it is rich, moist, easy to make, and tastes wonderful.
Bacardi Rum Cake
Small amount of vegetable shortening and flour for preparing pan
1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
1 (18 ounces) packaged yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
4 large eggs
½ cup cold water
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup light or dark rum
½ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light or dark rum
Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare one 9 or 10 inch fluted tube pan; generously grease the pan with shortening and dust with flour.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, and rum; beat until thoroughly mixed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Spoon the batter over the nuts and smooth the surface with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake 1 hour or until a long toothpick, wooden skewer, or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool for 10 or 15 minutes then remove cake from the pan and place the cake on the wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in water and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly so mixture does not burn. Remove from heat. Stir in the rum.
- Use a long toothpick or skewer to poke several small holes in the top of the cake. Spoon the still warm glaze over the top of the cake and allow to soak in. Repeat until the glaze is used up.
Tip: Serve cake using a pretty cake plate and cake server for a delightful presentation.
Description: Butter Cake with Nuts
Pan: One 10" Tube or 9" Fluted Tube
Pan Prep: Greased and Floured
Oven Temp: 325o
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Baking Time: 60 Minutes
Serves: 12 to 14
Storage: Covered, Room Temperature
Recipe Type: Cake, Walnuts, Pecans, Rum, Christmas
Help: Cake Hints
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....