Help: Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Square Cake Pans | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wooden Spoons | Cookware | Dough Scrapers | Kitchen Knives | Pizza Cutters
- 1¼ cups fresh or frozen cranberries.
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a medium-sized heavy-bottomed pan over low heat, combine cranberries and corn syrup; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Boil about 6 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat, immediately add chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, and nuts (optional). Stir vigorously until completely mixed and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and chill until firm. Cut into 1 inch pieces.