Rich, creamy fudge loaded with nuts and marshmallows to make a traditional Rocky Road. Use packaged marshmallows or try making your own homemade Marshmallows.
Rocky Road Fudge
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1 cup evaporated milk
1½ cups granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup mini marshmallows
Tip: See Toasting Nuts and Seeds. Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- Butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a large-size heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt; heat and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to boil.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan, raise the heat to medium-high, and continue to boil, without stirring, until the sugar mixture reaches a temperature of 240 degrees F, a soft ball stage. Remove pan from heat and remove candy thermometer. Tip: Lower the heat when the temperature reaches 235 degrees to slow the cooking because at this point it will quickly reach 240 degrees. In addition, remove the pan from the heat just before the syrup reaches 240 degrees to prevent it from going over 240 degrees. Be careful, the sugar is extremely hot and will burn your skin if you touch it.
- Add the chocolate to the hot mixture and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well blended. Add walnuts and marshmallows, stir to mix.
- Pour candy into the prepared baking pan. Let sit until cooled and candy is firm. Cut into squares.
Tip: My favorite tool to cut fudge is a dough scraper; simply push the dough scraper straight down into the candy for straight cuts. Or use a pizza cutter or small kitchen knife to cut the candy into squares.
Description:Chocolate Candy with Nuts
Equipment: Large Heavy-Bottomed Pan, Candy Thermometer
Pan: One 8" Square Baking Pan
Pan Prep: Buttered
Prep Time: 1 HourYield: 64 Pieces
Storage: Airtight Container, Cool Place or Refrigerate
Recipe Type: Candy, Chocolate, Walnuts, Marshmallows, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Fourth of July
Help: Chocolate Types
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....