Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Square Cake Pans | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wooden Spoons | Wire Cooling Racks | Dough Scrapers | Kitchen Knives | Pizza Cutters
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cut toasted sweetened coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; use an electric mixer or wooden spoon and beat together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until well mixed. Add white chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut; stir until mixed.
- Bake: Spread the dough evenly in the baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave cookie in pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch squares.