Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Mixing Bowls | Flour Sifters | Wire Whisks | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (preferably whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup coarsely chopped candied cherries or maraschino cherries.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add eggs; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour mixture; stir until well mixed. Add oats, chocolate chips, nuts, and cherries; stir until mixed.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet two minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.