Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Toasting Nuts and Seeds, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2½ cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until mixed. Add chocolate chips and pecans; stir to mix.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are set and very lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.