Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Toasting Nuts and Seeds, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Mixing Bowls | Flour Sifters | Wire Whisks | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small package (3.4 ounces) pistachio flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (preferably whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pudding mix; whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar and butter; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add eggs; beat until thoroughly mixed. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add sifted flour mixture; stir until mixed. Add walnuts and chocolate chips; stir to mix.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until cookies are set and edges are very lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.