Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | 9×13-inch Pans | Mixing Bowls | Wire Whisks | Wire Cooling Racks | Dough Scrapers | Kitchen Knives | Pizza Cutters
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together until mixture is crumbly.
- Bake: Press mixture evenly into the baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Prepare filling while crust is baking. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; using a wire whisk, whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake: Pour filling into the still hot baked crust. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Leave cookie in the pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch bars.