Cocoa Bourbon Balls
Bourbon or rum or brandy can be used for these no-bake cookies. These little bite-sized morsels are quick and easy to make. After mixing the ingredients together, roll into balls, then roll in sugar.
Recipe type: No-Bake Cookies, Shaped Cookies, Chocolate
- 1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon, rum, or brandy
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers, confectioner’s sugar, nuts, cocoa, corn syrup, and bourbon rum or brandy; mix well with a wooden spoon.
- With slightly wet hands, Shape dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar until completely coated. Store in an airtight container.