Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | 9×13-inch Pans | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wooden Spoons | Wire Cooling Racks | Dough Scrapers | Kitchen Knives | Pizza Cutters | Sieves and Colanders
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ sup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla; use an electric mixer or wooden spoon and beat together until thoroughly mixed. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until well mixed. Stir in dates and nuts.
- Bake: Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cookie is still warm, cut into 1 inch by 3 inch bars.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, dust the tops of the still warm bars with confectioners sugar. Leave bars in pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool.