Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk (preferably whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add egg; beat until thoroughly mixed. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir until mixed. Add oats and chocolate chips; stir to mix.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet three minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.