Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Toasting Nuts and Seeds
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wooden Spoons | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- ½ cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add maple syrup; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until well mixed. Add oats, pecans, and dates; stir until mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet two minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, and confectioner’s sugar; beat until smooth. Spread a small amount of frosting on each cooled cookie; sprinkle with finely chopped pecans.