Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Melting Chocolate, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Cookware | Wooden Spoons | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup dry nonfat milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large heavy bottomed pan over low heat, combine sugar, dry milk, water, butter, and cocoa powder or baking chocolate; stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until melted. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so the mixture does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Add oats, peanut butter, coconut, and vanilla; stir until mixed.
- While mixture is still warm, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Let sit until cool and the chocolate is hardened. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.