Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir until well mixed. Add oats and raisins; stir until mixed.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.