Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks | Citrus Zesters | Citrus Juicers
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (about half of 1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add eggs, orange zest, and orange juice; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt; stir until well mixed. Add oats, stir until mixed.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set and the edges are just barely browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.