Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: [url Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Metal Spatulas | Wire Cooling Racks | Ice Cream Scoops
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; beat together until mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add egg; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir until mixed.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.
- Bake: Place balls, 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Flatten balls in a crisscross pattern with a fork that has been dipped in water (so the dough does not stick to the fork.) Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and very lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.