Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: [url Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Metal Spatulas | Wire Cooling Racks | Ice Cream Scoops
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- About 36 miniature peanut butter cups, with paper wrapping removed
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; beat together until mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add egg; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir until mixed.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.
- Place balls, 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or just until cookies are set and very lightly browned. Tip: Unlike Classic Peanut Butter Cookies, these cookies are not flattened with a crisscross design before baking.
- Remove baking sheets from oven. While cookies are still hot and on the baking sheet, press a miniature peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.