Help: Cookie Hints and Tips
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Cookie and Baking Sheets | Parchment Paper | Non-Stick Baking Mats | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Wooden Spoons | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Metal Spatulas | Ice Cream Scoops | Wire Cooling Racks
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Wheaties cereal or another similar cereal
- ½ cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- In a large bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; use an electric mixer or wooden spoon and beat together until mixture is smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until well mixed. Add oats, cereal and coconut; stir until mixed.
- Bake: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.