Help: Cookie Hints and Tips, Chocolate Types
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Square Cake Pans | Mixing Bowls | Electric Mixers | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wooden Spoons | Wire Cooling Racks | Dough Scrapers | Kitchen Knives | Pizza Cutters
- 1¼ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one 9x9x2 inch square pan; lightly grease the pan with shortening.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs; use an electric mixer or wooden spoon and beat until well blended. Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until well mixed.
- Bake: Spread batter in pan. Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chip mixture over the top of the baked brownie. Continue baking another 5 minutes or until the marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly, and are very lightly browned. Leave brownie in pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch squares.