Enjoy the rich flavor of a chocolate pecan pie in a bar cookie. The brown sugar cookie crust is covered with a rich chocolate and pecan filling, then baked to a golden brown.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Small amount of vegetable shortening for preparing pan
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
¾ cup light corn syrup
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped
Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one 13x9x2 inch oblong pan; lightly grease the pan with shortening.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into the baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Prepare filling while crust is baking. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; using a wire whisk, whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour filling into the still hot baked crust. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Leave cookie in the pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch bars.
Tip: My favorite tool to cut bar cookies is a stainless steel dough scraper; simply push the dough scraper straight down into the cookie for straight cuts. Or use a pizza cutter or small kitchen knife to cut the cookie into bars.
Makes about 3 dozen bars
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....