What a wonderful surprise when you bite into these cookies! A cookie and candy combined into one. These cookies start with the Classic Peanut Butter Cookie dough.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Parchment paper or small amount of vegetable shortening for preparing baking sheets
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
About 36 miniature peanut butter cups, with paper wrapping removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 2 large baking sheets; lightly grease with shortening, or line with parchment paper, or line with a non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; beat together until mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly. Add egg; beat until thoroughly mixed. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir until mixed.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1” in diameter. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.
- Place balls, 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or just until cookies are set and very lightly browned.
Note: unlike Classic Peanut Butter Cookies, these cookies are not flattened with a crisscross design before baking.
- Remove baking sheets from oven. While cookies are still hot and on the baking sheet, press a miniature peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets with a metal spatula and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Description: Shaped Cookies with Chocolate Candies
Pan: Two Large Baking Sheets
Pan Prep: Parchment Lined or Lightly Greased
Oven Temp: 375o
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Baking Time: 12 Minutes
Yield: 4 Dozen
Storage: Airtight Container, Room Temperature
Recipe Type: Cookie, Peanut Butter
Help: Cookie Hints
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....