Love Rocky Road? Then these bars should satisfy that craving. Just top the finished brownie with a classic Rocky Road mix of marshmallows, chocolate, and nuts.
Rocky Road Brownies
Small amount of vegetable shortening for preparing pan
1¼ cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one 9x9x2 inch square pan; lightly grease the pan with shortening.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs; use an electric mixer or wooden spoon and beat until well blended. Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until well mixed.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chip mixture over the top of the baked brownie. Continue baking another 5 minutes or until the marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly, and are very lightly browned. Leave brownie in pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch squares.
Tip: My favorite tool to cut bar cookies is a stainless steel dough scraper; simply push the dough scraper straight down into the cookie for straight cuts. Or use a pizza cutter or small kitchen knife to cut the cookie into bars.
Makes about 2 dozen brownies
Description: Bar Cookie, Chocolate Brownie with Marshmallow and Nuts
Pan: One 9"x9"x2" Square
Pan Prep: Greased
Oven Temp: 350o
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Baking Time: 22 Minutes
Yield: 2 Dozen Bars
Storage: Airtight Container, Room Temperature
Recipe Type: Cookie, Brownie, Chocolate, Marshmallow, Walnuts, Fourth of July
Help: Cookie Hints, Chocolate Types
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....