Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting spiced up with Cinnamon and just a touch of cloves, this frosting pairs wonderfully with a spice cake.
Recipe type: Dessert, Frosting
Frosting: (For 8 or 9 inch 3 or 4 layer cake)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla; use an electric hand mixer or wooden spoon and beat together until mixture is smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until frosting is smooth and creamy. Add cinnamon and cloves and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Using an offset spatula, spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Decorate cake as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.