A hint of maple and rum mixed with a creamy pumpkin and cream filling is wonderful. The maple pecan topping adds the finishing touch that makes this delicious pie extra special.
Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Classic Pie Pastry for one 9 inch pie
2 large eggs
2 cups (15 ounce can) pumpkin
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon rum (or bourbon or brandy) or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare Classic Pie Pastry for one 9 inch single-crust pie. Line a 9 inch pie pan with the pastry.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk or fork until frothy. Add pumpkin, whipping cream, maple syrup, rum or vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, beat well to mix. Pour mixture in the pastry-lined pie pan.
- Partially bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon; stir to mix. Add pecan halves, stir to mix. Gently arrange pecan topping over the top of the pie.
Tip: Cover the edge of the crust with a 2 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent the crust from over-browning.
- Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer until the topping is lightly browned and a kitchen knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool on a wire cooling rack before cutting and serving. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
Serving suggestion: Serve pie either when cooled to room temperature or still slightly warm. Serve plain or spoon a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Description: Single Crust Custard Pie with Nut Topping
Pan: One 9" Pie
Pastry: Classic Pie
Pastry Prep: Unbaked
Starting Oven Temp: 425o
Prep Time: 1 hours
Baking Time: 60 to 65 Minutes
Filling Bake Time: 30 to 40 Minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
Storage: Cover and Refrigerate
Recipe Type: Pie, Pumpkin, Pecan, Maple, Thanksgiving
Help: Classic Pie Pastry
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....