Smooth, refreshing, and perfect for a summer bar-be-que dessert. Once the graham cracker crust is baked and cooled, it's filled with luscious and plump fresh blueberries. The filling is a simple combination of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Refrigerate, decorate the top with more blueberries and strawberries, and you have a delicious and patriotic themed dessert.
Red, White, and
9 inch Graham Cracker Crust:
1½ cups Graham Cracker crumbs (about 11 full graham cracker sheets)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Tip: Use a citrus juicer for freshly squeezed juice.
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed and mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the graham cracker crumb mixture into a 9 inch pie pan. Using the back of a large spoon or the flat bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass, press the crumb mixture firmly and evenly across the bottom and against the sides of the pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. The edges may be just slightly browned, but you do not want the edges or crust to over-brown. Remove from oven. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Place blueberries in the cooled crust in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour mixture over the blueberries in the crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until filling is set.
- Decorate the top of the pie with blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Cover pie and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....