Help: Toasting Nuts and Seeds
Shop for this Recipe: Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Bread and Loaf Pans | Parchment Paper | Mixing Bowls | Flour Sifters | Wire Whisks | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wire Cooling Racks | Citrus Zesters | Citrus Juicers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup buttermilk, chilled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (about half of 1 orange)
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg, buttermilk, melted butter, orange juice, and orange zest; whisk together until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir just until blended. Add cranberries and nuts; lightly stir to mix in.
- Bake: Pour batter in the loaf pan. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and let cool about 15 minutes. Grabbing the top edges of the parchment paper, lift bread from loaf pans and place on a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Remove parchment paper and discard.