Help: Toasting Nuts and Seeds
Shop for this Recipe: [url Measuring Cups, Spoons, Scales | Bread and Loaf Pans | Parchment Paper | Mixing Bowls | Flour Sifters | Wire Whisks | Rubber, Silicone Spatulas | Wire Cooling Racks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup toasted walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice; whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, and eggs; whisk together until well blended. Add grated zucchini, vanilla extract, and nuts; stir until mixed. Add flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- Bake: Pour batter into the loaf pans, dividing the batter evenly between the 2 pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and let cool about 15 minutes. Grabbing the top edges of the parchment paper, lift bread from loaf pans and place on a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Remove parchment paper and discard.