A sweet cinnamon treat with morning coffee, afternoon brunch, or after dinner dessert.
Cinnamon Love Knots
½ cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
½ cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees) (preferably whole milk)
2 packages active dry yeast
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon salt
4½ to 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for work surface
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Tip: Use standard measuring cups and spoons or scales for accurate measuring.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, warm milk and yeast; stir and let sit until yeast is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Add sugar, eggs, melted butter, and salt; beat until mixture is smooth. Add 2 cups flour; stir until well mixed. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured pastry mat or pastry board; knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, adding additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time if dough is too sticky.
- Place dough in a well greased bowl; turn dough over once to grease the top. Cover bowl with a small kitchen towel and let dough rise is a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare two 13x9x2 inch oblong pans; lightly grease the pans with shortening.
- Punch dough down then turn onto a lightly floured pastry mat or pastry board; knead dough briefly, 4 to 5 times.
- Divide dough into three portions. From each portion, divide dough into 12 pieces, and shape each piece into a ball. Roll each ball into an 8 inch rope.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip one rope into the melted butter, and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Tie the rope into a knot; tuck the ends under and place on the baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let knots rise is a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake knots 15 to 20 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Remove rolls from oven. Place pan on wire cooling racks to cool.
Makes 36 knots
Description: Sweet Yeast Rolls
Pan: Two 13"x9"x2" inch oblong
Pan Prep: Greased
Oven Temp: 375o
Prep Time: 4 Hours
Baking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Yield: 36 Knots
Storage: Tightly Wrapped, Room Temperature
Recipe Type: Sweet Yeast Bread, Cinnamon, Valentine's Day
Kitchen and Baking Store
Easy on-line shopping for all your kitchen, baking, and home needs.
Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools, Books, Cookbooks, Electrics, Food, Gifts, Coffee, Chocolate, Gifts, and more.....