Honey Roasted Peanuts
honey sweet and a bit salty, Honey Roasted Peanuts are a perfect snack. These peanuts are also good to incorporate into desserts, try adding a few coarsely chopped honey roasted peanuts to your favorite cookie recipe.
Recipe type: Dessert | Honeyed Nuts
Serves: 2 cups
Pan: One large jelly roll pan Pan Prep: Parchment Lined Equipment: Small Heavy-Bottomed Pan Method: Stovetop and Oven Oven Temp: 300° Yield 2 Cups Storage: Airtight Container, Room Temperature
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, such as kosher salt
Line one large rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside. Tip: if you choose to double the recipe then use two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Place the peanuts in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar and salt, stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a small-size heavy-bottomed pan, heat the honey over medium-low heat to boiling. Remove pan from the heat and pour the hot honey over the peanuts. Stir with a rubber spatula or wooden to thoroughly mix and make sure all the peanuts are honey coated. Sprinkle the sugar and salt mixture over the peanuts and stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Pour peanut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the peanuts are a golden brown, stirring every five to ten minutes. Each time you stir redistribute the peanuts into a single layer. Remove from oven.
- While the peanuts are still hot, sprinkle another 2 tablespoons sugar over the peanuts and stir to coat evenly. Spread the peanuts into a single layer and let cool completely.
- When the peanuts are cooled, break apart any peanuts that have stuck together and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Store peanuts in an airtight container.