Mountain Bar Cookies
No flour and no baking - what could be easier? Just cook part of the ingredients on top of the stove, add in some oats, peanut butter and coconut, and then drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking pans to cool.
Recipe type: Dessert | No-Bake Cookies | Shaped Cookies | Chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup dry nonfat milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Prepare 2 large baking sheets; line with parchment paper, wax paper, or a non-stick baking mat.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan over low heat, combine sugar, dry milk, water, butter, and cocoa powder or baking chocolate; stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until melted. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so the mixture does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Add oats, peanut butter, coconut, and vanilla; stir until mixed.
- While mixture is still warm, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Let sit until cool and the chocolate is hardened. Tip: An ice cream scoop is ideal for making uniform-sized cookies.