Seven Layer Bars
These cookies are quick and easy to make with no mixing, stirring, or extra bowls required; just seven ingredients, layered right in the baking pan.
Recipe type: Dessert | Bar Cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 full graham cracker sheets)
- 1 cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in one 13x9x2 inch oblong pan. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter and press down.
- Sprinkle on the coconut, then the chocolate chips, then the butterscotch chips. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over all. Sprinkle on the nuts and press down lightly to compact the mixture.
- Bake: Bake for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned. Leave cookie in the pan to cool; place baking pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch bars.
Tip: My favorite tool to cut bar cookies is a stainless steel dough scraper; simply push the dough scraper straight down into the cookie for straight cuts. Or use a pizza cutter or small kitchen knife to cut the cookie into bars.